ABOUT US

Our Staff

What We Believe

Contact Us

Our History

Ralph Avenue was started as a mission of Parkland Baptist Church. On Easter Sunday, March 28, 1948, a ground breaking service was held on the current property for the first building. The dedication service for the one room chapel was held on June 29, 1948.  It was built for 100 people, however, 200 to 300 people were in attendance that day.  At the close of the service, 12 people presented themselves for membership.  A Revival Service followed in which 7 more people joined, now making the membership of the mission 19. The cost of the first building was $5,818.31. This building was supposed to last for 5 years.  It was outgrown in one year.

 

Building additions were added to meet the growing needs and after 4 years as a mission, in January 1953 with 213 charter members, Ralph Avenue Mission Church was constituted into Ralph Avenue Baptist Church.

 

As the church continued to grow other buildings were erected.  On August 3, 1958 there was a ground breaking service for a new sanctuary and on February 13, 1959 the new building, which could seat approximately 550 people, was dedicated.  The membership at that time was 496.  The two-story education building known as Devine Hall was dedicated in March, 1964.

 

In the past sixty years the church has had a total of six pastors.  Rev. John M. Snawder was the pastor of the mission and the first pastor of Ralph Avenue Baptist Church.  He served from its founding in 1948 until 1960 when he felt the Lord’s call to ministry in another state.  Under his leadership the church grew from a mission to a church with a 550 seat auditorium.  Rev. Charles W. Devine served as the church’s second pastor.  He served from 1960 until 1964.  Under his leadership the church continued to grow and a two-story Educational building, named in his honor, was constructed.  The third pastor was Rev. W. Louis Walters.  He served the church from 1964 until 1977.  Rev. Jim R. Smith served as pastor from 1977-1978 before accepting a call to pastor in another state.  In 1979, the church called Rev. Robert L. Hill to be their pastor.  Bro. Bob served the church faithfully for over 25 years until he resigned in 2005.  Then pastor, Rev. Terry W. Stallard, came to the church in 2005. Consequently, Bro. Terry retired in 2012 due to health reasons and the church called Bro. Samuel E. Vance as their seventh pastor who began his current ministry on November 11, 2012.  The church has been blessed with good leadership over the years.

Our Mission

We at RABC are a family of people who have been transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and who Gather to worship, Grow to obey, Go to share, and Give to serve!  We call these the 4G’s of RABC.

 

We Gather to worship God and His Son, Jesus Christ, in Spirit and in Truth!

 

We Grow to obey Jesus through knowing and living out His Word!

         

We Go to share the Gospel of Jesus with all people!

              

We Give to serve others showing them the Love of Jesus!

Our Vision

We are working and praying for two main things this year:
 
 
1. Reconnecting with each church member to properly care for their soul.
 
2.Connecting with our community in order to connect our community to Christ.

Our Partners

southern-baptist-convention-2-1024x133
 
kbc-color4
 
 
lrbalogo